Friday 14 September 2012

26.




 


This week I celebrated my 26th birthday. I use the word celebrated now but in the months leading up to my birthday I was not sure I would be celebrating it. Normally I am a birthday maniac. I count the days down for months in advance and remind Daniel daily in the lead up. Lets not forget the many emails I send people with ideas for gifts and so on. Like I said, birthday maniac.

This year something was different. My birthday scared me. I would break down in tears every time I thought about it. The strangest part was that I had no idea why I was feeling like this.

Something did change though in the week leading up to the big day. I don't know if it was seeing Daniel excited about it or if I just realised getting older isn't such a bad thing. I might not have done anything special this year but I have so much to be thankful for. I had everything I needed already and I think turning 26 for me was about appreciating what I already have.

It ended up being one of my favourite birthdays. I am so excited for the next year to come and I just know that things will be so different this time in one year. That excites me beyond words.

I also got some of the most fabulous presents from the most fabulous people. Thank you!

Happy Birthday to me and Happy Friday to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...