Thursday 19 April 2012

I AM ALIVE

Last weekend we went to Tamworth. We have an annual family tradition of staying at a place called Burrabaroo. The whole family stays there – grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. It is so much fun all staying in the same place, sharing rooms, eating together and everything else! 
This year Daniel couldn’t come which actually made me pretty upset. I love that Daniel is part of our family now and it makes me sad when he misses out on things. However, I pushed back the tears and went without him. Squished in the back of mum and dad’s convertible like a third wheel. 
Burrabaroo is about 10 minutes out of Tamworth and is just acres and acres of land and bush. There is no phone or internet service, which when your hubby is with you is good but otherwise, not so good. 
We spent the weekend playing cards, sports, the boys making potato guns and letting off fireworks. But most of all there was just lots of laying around in bunches on the floor and chatting. It’s the best part. I am so lucky to have such a big extended family and even luckier to be so close to them all. I love my family. Especially the ones that weren’t there. 


the mother hen

an echidna



pa and grandmum



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...