Monday 25 June 2012

Food, Ikea, Movies, Renovations and More Food.



This weekend was one of those weekends that seemed longer than a normal one but now that it is over it seems to have flown by. It was a bitter sweet weekend for me. The weekend itself was great jam packed with lots of my favourite things but unfortunately on Saturday morning my Uncle Ken passed away. I will introduce you to him later in the week.

On Friday night Daniel and I had a spontaneous date night. For some reason no matter how well I plan dates these spontaneous ones always seem to take the cake. We headed to IKEA to do some shopping for a few much needed storage items. Once that was done we got some Japanese for dinner. Then back to IKEA for some desert. Our favourite Japanese restaurant was closed so we tried a different one and I have to say it was pretty good. Once we bellies were full we went to watch Snow White and the Huntsman in Gold Class. Yes we splurged but it was so much better. So comfy. I liked the movie. Daniel isn't as much a fan of fairy tales as I am.

On Saturday Daniel had to work and didn't get home until after 6pm. So I surprised him with some home made dumplings. I even made the pastry. I was very proud. However, I will admit that I did have a breakdown mid way through steaming and locked myself in the bathroom for ten minutes and left Daniel in charge. Not a good moment but it passed. They were yummy but I think next time I will do them even better.

Sunday we got right into our bathroom renovation and got a lot done. It is really starting to look good. I can not wait until its finished. We finished the weekend off with a yummy dinner and a night on the couch.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...