Friday 11 May 2012

Happy Friday.


This was a good week. And so was last weekend for that matter. Daniel went away with my brothers and cousin for a weekend of surfing so my sister came over and kept me company. We watched two seasons of the TV show GREEK (Is college in the US really like that?), we went shopping and cut our trip short as we were spending too much! It was loads of fun but I was extremely happy when Daniel finally came home! Three nights away is three nights too many. On top of everything it was our two year wedding anniversary on Monday. So I made a yummy dinner and I just have to share the recipe with you for it - Beetroot Couscous because it was seriously amazing…yum! We are going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate officially so check back later for more anniversary details. I am also very excited nervous as I have made my first acupuncture appointment. I have heard great things about it so my fingers are crossed it will do me some good. Once I get over the whole thought of acupuncture I am sure I will be fine. This Sunday is also mothers day so we get to catch up with both sides of the family which will definitely make for a busy but good day. 



Anyway, I will be back later today with some Friday Favourites but in the mean time here is the recipe for my scrumptious anniversary dinner. 



Beetroot Couscous (serves 4)
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup couscous
2 tbs olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 tbs each balsamic vinegar & lemon juice
450g can baby beets, (drained), cut into 2cm cubes
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra whole leaves to garnish

Bring stock to the boil in a pan. Remove from heat, then slowly stir in couscous. Cover with a tea towel, stand for 5 minutes, then fluff grains with a fork.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frypan over medium-low heat. Cook onion for 10 minutes, stirring, until softened and just starting to caramelise. Stir in vinegar, juice, beets and parsley. Season, then stir through couscous. Serve with extra parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...